Installing Beryl from source.

Installing beryl from source seems pretty easy (however is not documented on their site). So basicly i have a TFM workstation standard installed here and now i will try to add beryl. In this post i will tell about how it went.

First i downloaded the following files from beryl project website:
aquamarine-0.1.4.tar.bz2
beryl-core-0.1.4.tar.bz2
beryl-dbus-0.1.4.tar.bz2
beryl-manager-0.1.4.tar.bz2
beryl-mesa-0.1.4.tar.bz2
beryl-plugins-0.1.4.tar.bz2
beryl-settings-0.1.4.tar.bz2
emerald-0.1.4.tar.bz2
emerald-themes-0.1.4.tar.bz2
heliodor-0.1.4.tar.bz2

Next i installed them in the following order,  using ./configure –prefix=/usr ; make ; make install 
beryl-core, beryl-dbus, beryl-manager, beryl-plugins, beryl-settings, aquamarine ( prefix=/opt/kde ), emerald , emerald-themes, heliodor(didn't compiled cleanly).

Now it's time to see what i've did. 🙂 I'll edit the post later to tell you what happened.

Later Edit: Here are some pics:

124678

Later edit 2:  

I'm pretty pleased with my first attempt to install beryl. Thanks goes to Rain for helping me start the thingie. It still crashes when i try to resize a window but i'll search for answers another day.